Black Knight | Teen Ink

Black Knight MAG

Ifyou're a fan of Martin Lawrence and the silly slapstick humor he bringsto the screen, you might want to see "Black Knight." If, onthe other hand, you're tired of the whole time-travel idea, you'llprobably want to save your money.

"Black Knight" starsMartin Lawrence as Jamal Sky Walker, an employee of Medieval World, astruggling theme park. While cleaning a castle moat, he falls in and istransported to the England of 1328. There, he encounters a disheveledformer knight, Knolte, and a beautiful young chambermaid, Victoria.

Jamal finds himself in the middle of a rebellion against theking. Using 21st century knowledge and street smarts, Jamal gets himselfout of every situation. The movie tries too hard to be humorous andteach a lesson about the important aspects of life through cheesydialogue.

Marsh Thomason, who plays the chambermaid, proves to bea promising actress, although she should stick to more dramatic movies.And how did award-winning actor Tom Wilkinson end up playing Knolte?That's anyone's guess.

Overall, this movie is a disappointmentfor those seeking a really hard laugh or a good plot. For those of youwho just want to have a little fun and a smile or two, "BlackKnight" might be worth your while.