I Am Sam This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If there's one film you should see, it's "I Am Sam." This drama/comedy isabout a mentally challenged father, Sam Dawson (Sean Penn), caring for his youngdaughter Lucy (Dakota Fanning) after her mother runs away. Everything goes fineuntil at seven Lucy's intelligence surpasses her father's. Then, social servicesdecide to take her away because he can no longer teach her anything. Sam findslawyer Rita Harrison (Michelle Pfeiffer) who is so caught up in her work that shehas no time for her son. The movie portrays the father's fight to get hisdaughter back.

This movie has such sad and funny parts and the acting isabsolutely fabulous. Penn gives an excellent performance, as does Pfeiffer.Fanning is an excellent young actress who will make it big.

This movietells an amazing story and is never boring. I recommend everyone see it. If youdon't, you're missing out.