Ender's Game | Teen Ink

Ender's Game

By h18kolind BRONZE, KEAAU, Hawaii
h18kolind BRONZE, KEAAU, Hawaii

Enders Game

In class we read the book Enders Game and then after everyone in our 8th grade class was finish reading the book, we all took a field trip to the movies to watch the actual movie. The movie was a lot different from what I read in the book. In the movie it skipped a lot of parts. Some of the parts I though would have been important to have in the movie. They left out a lot of Ender’s training scenes and they also left out everything about Peter. Peter is supposed to be Enders older brother who is evil. Peter was introduced at the beginning of the movie but then never brought up again through out the movie. I feel like this was a big part left out because in the book Peter hade so much to do with everything in the whole picture. He was supposed to take over earth because he was so smart and such a good hacker. He was also supposed to be able to track the army’s movement and things like that. Also they made Ender and Bean meet in the beginning of the movie but really they were supposed to meet later when they were assigned to the same army.

The movie was very good but I would have enjoyed it more if they had added those scenes in and didn’t cut everything so short. The book was a lot more informational and descriptive but it got boring after a while. The movie took place starting on earth. After that it moved to space. From the beginning of the movie Ender Andrew Wiggins was the main character. He was treated differently then the other soldiers in the army’s. The directors of the battle school felt like Ender was the leader already so they tried harder to train him by movie him up to higher ranking armies to see how he would handle. Also through out the time he was in the battle school they had him playing a mind game that they also used to monitor what and how he was thinking. He went through a lot of difficult times because to come to battle school in space he had to leave his family including his sister Valentine. She was the world to him and they were very close. It was hard for Ender to leave her behind. After Ender started to play the mind game he was going through these different stages and his sister Valentine popped up in the game and after that his brother Peter popped up in the game towards the end of the level.

After Ender was in battle school and went from launcheis to the Salamander army where he met Bonzo who was a mean commander, he got put in charge of his own army. He got put in charge of the Dragon army, which was an army that was discontinued because they always had problems and lost. Ender’s army was made up of misfits and kids that were underestimated. He turned his army into an amazing army that ended up beating an undefeated army. The army trained and went through many simulations together. The army Ender was in charge of had a quite a few of the kids that he trained with in his previous armies. It really shows how the underestimated can prove anyone wrong. Everyone and everything has an important part to the bigger picture. The movie and book were very intriguing and supreme. In the movie they made everything look amazingly real. I recommend anyone who loves reading or movies to read the book and then watch the movie.

i watched the movie and read the book.