The Rookie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Baseball has always been America's favorite pastime, and "The Rookie" proves thegame is still alive and well. This is an inspiring family film from Disney thatmakes you want to go out and play catch.

A high-school baseball coach(Dennis Quaid) from Santa Rita, Texas pitches during batting practice. The onlydifference between him and the millions of other high-school coaches is that hecan throw the ball 98 miles-an-hour. During a talk with his players after yetanother disappointing loss, the players and coach make a deal: if the players getto the district playoffs, then Coach will try out to be a major-leaguepitcher.

As luck would have it, the team does go to the districts andtheir coach then tries out, and a few weeks later, is assigned to a minor-leagueteam. Just when he is about to give up, a miracle occurs and he is called up tothe majors as a relief pitcher. He gives a stellar performance, and everyonelives happily ever after.

This is a movie that makes you feel good, andproves that if you believe in and want something enough, it will happen.