Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back | Teen Ink

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

October 9, 2008
By Anonymous

If you want a movie for the whole family, look no further than Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. This exciting movie combines a good plot, captivating action sequences, and scenes so emotionally powerful, they will bring tears to your eyes.
The Galaxy

In Star Wars, people live on different planets, but travel to other planets on space ships. The Jedi Knights, ancient warriors who keep the peace in the galaxy, play the most important role in this movie. The Jedi get their power from the Force, which is made of the people who have left this world. The Sith also use the Force, only for the power of evil – they use the power of the force for their own advancement.

When this movie begins, an evil Lord of the Sith has taken over the galaxy. Luke Skywalker, a young man training to become a Jedi, and the rest of the rebels must destroy The Emperor and his evil apprentice, Darth Vader.
The Rebel Base

All the rebels, including Luke Skywalker and his friends Hon Solo and Princess Lea, are planning in the rebel base on Hoth, the ice planet.

When the empire discovers this base, all the rebels evacuate. In the evacuation, Hon Solo and Princess Lea end up on the same ship. Princess Lea had been very angry with Hon Solo, but they soon fall in love.
The Death Star

Over the course of the rebellion, the empire, in secret, built a huge space station called the Death Star that has the power to destroy a planet. The rebels have to obliterate the death star, or all is lost.

But first, Luke, Hon, And Lea get caught in a trap set by Darth Vader and have to escape. And in the process, Luke learns the terrible truth about his father. This heart wrenching scene will have you tearing up.

The music in this film is sensational; written by John Williams, the famous composer.

As Luke and his friends fight for freedom and all that is right, you will be amazed at the morality and true importance of this movie. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back is perfect for the whole family.