Radio | Teen Ink

Radio

Radio is a movie that will bring tears to your eyes. It is rated PG, but really all ages should rush to see this movie. Radio, (Cuba Gooding Jr.) is a young man who happens to be mentally challenged. When Coach Jones (Ed Harris) finds out that some players on the football team have been picking on Radio after practice, the coach unleashes his fury. Coach Jones is greatly disturbed by this so he decides to help out Radio by driving him home and letting him stay for football practices and games. Some people think that Radio is a distraction to the team and the coach, but a majority of people do not mind, and some even think Radio is great.

There are many struggles that Radio has to face during this movie. Radio must face bullies, handicap, misunderstandings, and even a death of a family member. Radio has a great personality and an even better heart. During this movie you will notice that there are also many messages that go with these struggles, such as ‘you never know who may be a great influence on your life’ or ’do not judge others on appearance’. Over all, this movie has a permanent place in my heart, and will have one on yours too.

on Dec. 9 2008 at 2:23 am
great job Payton! It was a bucket of fun to read! don't you love my screen name???