Radio (PG) | Teen Ink

Radio (PG)

I think that Radio was a spectacular movie, featuring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris. Radio unravels a heart-felt story about the difficulties and misunderstandings of being disabled.

Gooding, plays James Robert "Radio" Kennedy, a young African American man with some mental deficiencies. Radio becomes friends with not only the football coach, but the whole town.
Ed Harris, Coach Harold Jones, finds Radio tied up and gagged in a shed by his football team. To be nice, Coach Jones invites Radio to come and watch the team practice. Radio comes daily, slowly starting to trust Coach Jones. He soon begins interact and help the football players in their practice. Coach Jones even invites him to take part in an 11th grade class. Unfortunately, the school bureau begins to feel that having a disabled student could be a liability for the school’s reputation.

I think that Radio was a great movie. It shows that you should always give everyone a chance, even if they are different. I would give this movie a 4 star rating out of 5. It was a great movie, but at places it was too dramatic. I would recommend this movie to people of all ages. Its message is meant for everyone.
Overall, I think Radio was a remarkable movie, a must-see for everyone.