Radio the Movie | Teen Ink

Radio the Movie

This suspenseful movie is about a young man who is mentally challenged, James “Radio” Kennedy (Cuba Gooding Jr.), who lives in a small neighborhood where almost everyone is friendly. Radio makes a great new friend. Radio walks around during football practice and meets Coach Jones (Ed Harris). Coach Jones helps Radio overcome many problems such as Mrs. Kennedy dying; Radio being teased and tricked, and Radio’s literacy disability. In the end, anybody who didn’t like Radio now like him and the movie neatly resolves Radio’s problems and negative relationship are resolved.

I give this movie a five out of five for its suspense, quality, and the way this film moves me. This movie is rated PG for mild language and was rated by UKBBFC a two out of five star rating. I can agree on the rating because young children might not know that it could be rude to pretend that they were Radio. This movie is tragic and shows us that everyone has their hardships. The way Coach Jones reaches out and touches Radio makes you feel glad and helps you know that there is always someone waiting to help as well as someone who needs help. The way Radio gets along with everyone else is so entertaining. I could watch this movie over and over again.

on Sep. 26 2009 at 9:52 am
JacktheJoker BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
This is amazing!