The Apartment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"T he Apartment," starring Jack Lemmon asC.C. Baxter, is a delightful, romantic tale told by genius Billy Wilder. Thisclassic follows Baxter on his amazing journey from a low-paying desk clerk at amassive insurance company in New York to an executive with his own office on atop floor.

He gets these promotions not because of his good work ethic orbright ideas, but by lending his apartment to his bosses so they can meet theirmistresses. Things get a little complicated when Baxter falls in love with FranKubelik (Shirley MacLaine), an elevator operator at work who is also the mistressof the company's president (Fred MacMurray).

Through the movie we seeBaxter develop from a timid character who has trouble doing what he believes in.By the end, Baxter finally realizes that the fraud and deception of the managersis hurting people, and he can't overlook it anymore, or be a part ofit.

This movie depicts the great tale of a man who triumphs over aninternal struggle to do the right thing.