Johnny English Reborn | Teen Ink

Johnny English Reborn

By choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other
choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other

"I am selfish. I am brave. I am Divergent."

I'm going to talk about the comical, most magnificent, sidesplittingly funny film in the timeline of movies. Rowan Atkinson returns to the role of an MI7 agent, a man completely oblivious to the words 'fear' and 'danger', in the hugely entertaining, comedy spy thriller, 'Johnny English Reborn'. Even better than the first film, 'Johnny English', this film introduces the notoriously incompetent protagonist, relishing his retiring years in Tibet, living with the heavy weight of disgrace in MI7, after a failed mission in Mozambique. However, luck sails his way, as he is beckoned by MI7 to stop Vortex, an agency of skilled assassins that are plotting to kill the Chinese Premier. English is once again, back in action, alongside the enthusiastic support of his sidekick, Agent Tucker. Although, he is betrayed by someone unexpected. Who will it be?…

The film opens it Tibet, with its slow paced and confusing setting, which arouses the viewer's curiosity with brewing questions, as to whether the scene is relatable to the'Bond' hero as we know him! The pace then gradually increases, as English is summoned up to England to solve yet, another case. We can all see where this is going! Johnny English Reborn is extremely engaging, due to the hyperbolic nature of the overstated expressions that Atkinson delivers, each muscle contorting, resulting in much comedic effect.

The camera angles are hardly varied, as most shots consist of a series of medium close up and close up shots. Some medium shots have been slotted in to display the clothes that the cast wore, which adds to each individual character's personality.

The music is collaborated successfully with the genre of crime and mystery. During high-action scenes, the suspenseful staccato rhythm evokes a sense of unpredictability and conspiracy, while in investigating scenes, the music is eerie, probably foreshadowing inevitable doom that would be soon taking place.

This phenomenal film directed by Oliver Parker was released in October 2011, given a rating a PG. The film stars the famous Rowan Atkinson aka the popular Mr Bean.

I prefer 'Johnny English Reborn' to the first film, 'Johnny English', because it contains a more distinct plot and is moray comical, fully jam-packed with action. Also, the film is suited for all ages as the language is appropriate for everyone.

I really enjoy this film as it is extremely funny yet action packed at the same time. Rowan Atkinson has effectively played the role of an MI7 agent, who is completely oblivious to the world of action around him, which makes the film all the more hilarious.

Take my advice and watch 'Johnny English Reborn'. You have never seen a better film than this! Funny, filled with unexpected twists and turns and a little bit of romance thrown into the mix, what more could anyone ask for? Watch it quickly, MI7 has trusted you with this valued journey of Special Agent English. And remember, this is top secret, and as with all secrets, a little discretion is required. So watch it NOW! It's not that hard. In fact, as English would say, 'It's just like riding a bike.'

This is my favourite film of all time. Rowan Atkinson is a fantastic actor and his films are highly comical!!!