Two Weeks Notice | Teen Ink

Two Weeks Notice MAG

Not in recent years has a movie soshort on plot been so enjoyable. The screenplay could have been written by anintelligent ten-year-old, but the wise pairing of Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grantmore than makes up for the little material the actors have to workwith.

The storyline is simple as can be: Lucy Kelson (Sandra Bullock) isheartbroken to find that her childhood community center will soon be destroyed.She nervously confronts the man responsible, George Wade (Hugh Grant), a wildlysuccessful but egotistical businessman. George is looking for someone to be hispartner in crime at work, so he and Lucy strike a deal - if she will work forhim, he will prevent his company from tearing down the center.

Thisarrangement works out at first, but after being woken up at 2:15 in the morningto talk to a barmate and being called out of a wedding to help pick out a tuxedo,Lucy makes the decision to give George her two weeks notice. George has no choicebut to hire someone to replace her, and his new assistant, June Carter (AliciaWitt), soon becomes his girlfriend.

Any fan of romantic comedies caneasily guess the ending to this one, but that doesn't mean you should go withoutseeing the movie. You feel like you're watching an endless number of outtakes asSandra and Hugh use their charm and screen presence to engage theviewer.

Sandra Bullock delivers her usual bubbly performance, and as a fanI wasn't disappointed. But Hugh Grant steals the show. His character is notsupposed to be likable, but I couldn't take my eyes off him whenever he wason-screen. His one-liners will keep you giggling, and his honesty is remarkable.

Whether at home or in the theater, "Two Weeks Notice" is a funscrewball flick not to be missed, and a must for some light-hearted fun.

i love this so much!