Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets MAG

Warner Brothers has done it again.For Harry Potter freaks, critics and flying car lovers, this is a movie to see.Virtually every criticism I had about the first movie is remedied here. It movesa lot more quickly, and the Quidditch is sensational. The flying Ford Anglia andrunaway bludger are sure to catch your attention, too.

Those withoutprior Harry Potter exposure will have no problem understanding the story;"The Chamber of Secrets" stands very much on its own. Reading the bookor seeing the first movie is not a prerequisite.

The screenwriters keptcompletely true to the book. Unlike the first, here author J.K. Rowling's senseof humor shines through. Characters like the goofy Ronald Weasley and even thehomework-loving Hermione Granger keep you chuckling.

Don't be fooled,however, because director Chris Columbus will give you a scare as well. Thosemoments indicated in the PG rating are not to be taken lightly. "TheChamber" will make you jump. Also, for all you arachnophobes, there's ascene you're absolutely going to detest.

But there's more to "TheChamber" than just its entertainment value. Remember, it's a Pulitzer-worthybook with an unbelievable story, and Rowling masterfully combines actual myth andhistory with her own magical twists. If you so desire, you could look up aBasilisk in a book of mythology. However, if you go searching for a recipe of apolyjuice potion, I'm sure you'll walk away empty-handed.

Perhaps, on yourway out of the theatre, Fawkes, the phoenix, will offer to carry you to your car.So whether you leave loving or despising Dobby the House Elf, you will feel asthough your 161 minutes were well spent. After all, what could be better thanspending a few hours at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?