What a Girl Wants This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

What does a girl want - money, clothes, a car? Not 17-year-old Daphne Reynolds. She wants something more important, something she has dreamt about and wished for every birthday - her father.

Amanda Bynes plays the enchanting and unforgettable Daphne, Colin Firth is Henry Dashwood and Kelly Preston is Daphne's mother, Libby. They do such outstanding jobs that you'll fall down laughing and your eyes will swell from crying.

When Libby meets a charming British man, Henry Dashwood, it is love at first sight. Within a week they are married and living at Henry's estate. She leaves, though, after his family makes it clear she is not wanted because she will hurt his chances of joining Parliament. Nine months later, Daphne is born.

On her seventeenth birthday, Daphne is determined to find out who her father is, but what she finds out is who she really is.

"What a Girl Wants" has something for everyone. It teaches the importance and necessity of love, along with the lesson that material possessions are not everything. If you're looking for an outstanding flick that will make you laugh and cry, choose this one.