The Shawshank Redemption This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This movie, though made in the late '90s, has recently become one of my favorites. It does not have a cast of super stars (the only one I knew was Morgan Freeman), and it is not flashy. Most popular movies today are about which young actor they got to play the lead and less about the actual movie. This one, however, contains the substance that many lack.

The plot centers around a young, well-to-do banker found guilty for the murder of his wife and sentenced to life in prison. He continually maintains his innocence, and one of my favorite lines is when he is pleading his case to his fellow inmate. Freeman responds sarcastically, "Everyone in here is innocent."

Nearly the entire film takes place within the confines of the prison. It spans 40 years and does a great job depicting what it must be like when you know the rest of your life will be behind bars.

You may think this sounds like a boring film, but to me it is a great one that I highly recommend to anyone wanting something good to watch. .

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

On_It_Goes said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:33 pm:
Short and sweet.