Django Unchained | Teen Ink

Django Unchained

October 29, 2013
By Denis Raychev BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Denis Raychev BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The movie Django Unchained takes you on a journey! The movie is great, it is funny, romantic, and action packed. It is perfect for all mature audiences; you can watch it with friends or even family. The masterpiece by Quentin Tarantino revolves around the slavery market. Although a 2013 film it is still historically accurate in many senses. It shows how the slaves were treated and some of the jobs which they were required to do. It portrayed the worst case scenarios of being a slave and how he was subjective to their master.
Django, a slave, who is played by actor Jamie Foxx, that was rescued by a German doctor who was in reality a bounty hunter who had his eyes on the prize, “Killing white folk, for money?” As Django described it. Since the Dr was looking for three men whom he had to bring back dead or alive to the sheriff and he had no idea what they looked like, he sought help from Django, who had previously been owned by the three men. As soon as Django heard that he would be a free man and would get a little of the Drs profit, he decided to tag along.


The acting in this movie was phenomenal; you even fell in love with the evil characters. With the wide variety of actors; Samuel Jackson, Leonardo Dicaprio, Jonah Hill, and Jamie Foxx,The actors played their role so well it seemed as if they were being themselves rather than acting. Although this movie is longer than others, it is definitely worth it. The film has you at the edge of your seat, worrying for the safety of the characters. Anyone who has ever seen this movie will recommend it to you and be just as glad that they watched it.