Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World | Teen Ink

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World MAG

This adventurous and exciting movie tells the story of a doomed ship with a courageous captain.

Russell Crowe plays Captain "Lucky" Jack Aubrey, commander of H.M.S. Surprise. The British ship is constantly ambushed by a much larger and powerful French ship. The story follows the captain's struggle to keep his crew and ship safe from the enemy. Also, the story follows the friendship between Aubrey and the ship's doctor, Dr. Stephen Maturin played perfectly well by Paul Bettany.

"Master and Commander" starts with the Surprise coming under attack in thick fog. Aubrey quickly rises to the occasion and narrowly escapes the near fatal situation, gaining immense respect from the crew. After repairing the ship, the crew is thrown into a wild and exciting chase around the globe. They travel to Brazil, Cape Horn and the Galapagos Islands, in attempts to pursue their enemy.

Everything here is done to perfection; the story, the cast, the scenery and the captivating special effects used in the battle sequences, which at times are too realistic. Director Peter Weir did an amazing job on this film about friendship, courage and adventure. It is a tremendous spectacle and will surely be enjoyed by all.

hi111 said...
i liked this movie and its review