Shrek 2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

DreamWorks Pictures has done it again, folks, and produced yet another successful movie. "Shrek 2" is awesome! Packed with more adventure, as well as more humor, I would have to say that it is even better than the original.

Lovebirds Shrek and Fiona and their loyal sidekick Donkey are off on another whirlwind adventure, this time to meet Fio-na's parents. The Queen (Julie Andrews) and the King (John Cleese) are shocked to see that their daughter Fiona is an ogre. Furthermore, her parents have plans for her to marry Prince Charming, so the King orders Shrek killed!

In this second installment, you see Shrek, along with Donkey and his fairy-tale friends, trying to win back Fiona's love. Along the way, he meets new characters, including the "ever-threatening" Puss In Boots (Antonio Banderas), who turns out to be nothing more than a loyal friend to Shrek. Can Shrek win back the love of Fiona and live happily ever after?

"Shrek 2" is not just a continuation of the original, as you discover new facets of the characters.

Out of five stars, I would give this sequel five. It is that good, truly. If you are looking for an excellent family film, full of adventure and humor, "Shrek 2" is definitely a winner!

lozzybubz said...
Many people were talking about the dreamworks film shrek when it hit the cinema screens in 2001. Now the sequel that many people have been waiting for has finally arrived: Shrek 2. The question is has the sequel reached the high standards of the action packed, energetic first film? And will it be the next DVD you will be able to watch over and over again? The answer is: yes!
The film starts right from where the first one left off, making it easy to pick up on straight away. The unsightly, ... (more »)