Letters To God | Teen Ink

Letters To God

By Blanca Caballero BRONZE, El Dorado, Kansas
Blanca Caballero BRONZE, El Dorado, Kansas

Letters To God
Letters to God is what my movie review is about. It is about a little boy who is battling cancer and relies on God for everything. Not a bad little plot. If someone is looking for an uplifting message this movie is perfect for them.
This movie is about a boy named Tyler Doherty, he lives with his mother Maddy Dohertey and his brother Ben Doherty. His father had passed away in the military. Tyler’s mother now has the responsibility and role of being both mom and dad. Throughout the movie you see change in Maddy(his mother) and Brady McDaniels which is their new mailman. While Tyler is home from school his best friend Samantha Perryfield sneaks in just to see him. Throughout the move this is what Samantha does. She plays an important role as well. She was with him the entire time.
Tyler Doherty was played by Tanner Maguire. He did a wonderful job in this movie. He made things very believable making the role of Tyler Doherty very successful. Maddy Doherty was played by Robyn Lively. She played a good job but I felt some things were a little over dramatized for some of the situations. Some of her parts were just not that good. Over all the parts that she did that were good. The next character that I am going to talk about it Ben Doherty, he was played by Micheal Bolton. The role that was played was a very good one. His role represented what most families go through. There is always a child that feels most left out because I can easily relate to that. Samantha Perryfield played by Bailee Madison. Her role was perfect. I enjoyed her acting in this movie. She played the best friend of Tyler Doherty. I enjoyed the movie a lot more since I am actually familiar with the actress. Brady McDaniels was the mailman replacement. He was an alcoholic that changed throughout the movie. He was played by Greg Kinnear. He did a very decent job. The character Brady was very great. Everything that was done was great. Very believable in the situations played.

What I liked most about this movie was the message that was presented. It is hard to dislike anything about this movie. But if it had to be something it would be the amount of times this movie made me cried. This movie makes you think about life. I like that about this movie it gives you a new perspective on things. It actually made a change in me. Some do rethink things after watching it. I know I did. This was one of the best movies I have seen. Most likely it will be added to my favorites pretty soon.

The moral of the movie is to not take life for granted. To live it to its fullest, because life is very short. It shows that life is something precious that can be taken away in an instant. Pardon me for sounding a bit like a religious freak. This movie is just something to look into with religious views. Not only shows the value of life but how faith can be restored, how God worked through the characters. Changing them, making them into someone completely different, and having their faith restored.

The people who would be an audience would most likely be youth group attenders, churches, families, adults and teens. I would recommend it to those who need an uplifting message. and those who need a pinch of faith. I would rate the movie five out of five stars. That is how much I enjoyed this movie.

Blanca Caballero is a sixteen year old in the tenth grade that attend El Dorado High School. She enjoys hanging out with friends and family. She works at Harris Fourpoints Ranch. Her favorite activity is barrel racing. She is planning to start bull riding in the following year. On her free time she enjoys to take time for herself and write short stories or write in her journal.

This movie was amazing. Very eye opening.