The Nightmare Before Christmas | Teen Ink

The Nightmare Before Christmas MAG

With Halloween over and the holiday season approaching, I thought it appropriate to review an animated holiday classic, "The Nightmare Before Christmas." No one would ever expect Disney to have a hand in a movie involving a skeleton kidnapping "Sandy Claws," the boogie man torturing him, and destroying Christmas, but it’s all here in Tim Burton’s innovative classic.

This is the story of what happens when two holidays collide. Jack Skellington, the king of Halloween Town, has tired of the same monotonous routine. Each day is dark, dreary and full of scares, but Jack longs for something more fulfilling. One day he stumbles on a strange place where the holiday worlds unite and ends up in Christmas Town. Awestruck by the marvels, Jack returns to Halloween Town to tell its residents. After kidnapping Santa, Jack singlehandedly destroys Christmas, but all is not lost. Santa may still have some time to work his magic.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" has a cast of unforgettable characters, and an amazing score. Danny Elfman, who provides an array of voices for the film, pens the haunting music. The mind-boggling animation adds to the charm of this holiday classic. It is almost impossible to find anything disappointing about it, except that it does eventually end! This is a movie that people from ages two to 102 can enjoy.