The Phantom of the Opera This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Those with an understanding of music may be hesitant to see a musical that’s been turned into a movie. But do not fear, this film of “The Phantom of the Opera” has all the songs we know and enjoy.

Set in the late nineteenth century, it is the story of a young chorus girl named Christine (Emmy Rosum) who has lived in the Paris Opera House her entire life. Unfortunately, it holds a “phantom” (Gerard Butler) who has developed an obsession with her and once he “captures” her, she discovers the danger she is in. She finds hope of escape in her suitor Raoul (Patrick Wilson). Once the “phantom” realizes that Christine is slipping away, his jealousy has terrible consequences.

The use of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s music is perfect, with dramatic numbers and musical techniques that can give you the shivers. Ultimately, appreciation for Webber’s skill as a composer will increase as you watch “The Phantom of the Opera.”

This story is recreated in such a way that it is not complex or confusing but communicated in an authentic manner, also allowing Webber to write additional material for the film.

emergingtalent said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm:
This is one of my favortie movies! It has been since I caught the Phantom Bug!

yeaaiitsemilyx3 said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm:
I agree! This movie is, and will always be, one of my favorites.