The Forgotten | Teen Ink

The Forgotten MAG

“The Forgotten” is an edge- of-your-seat thriller. It won’t make you hide under the covers, but the suspense and drama unleashed will be sure to leave you satisfied.

The film begins with a distraught Telly (Julianne Moore) mourning her eight-year-old son who died in a plane crash. She sees a therapist (Gary Sinise) in hopes of controlling her grief, but as the days pass, everyone, including her estranged husband (Anthony Edwards), seems to “forget” her son. The remainder of the movie is her struggle to prove to others that her son did actually exist and discover the alarming truth of what really happened to him.

The ending is somewhat predictable but still enjoyable. It shows a mother’s love for her child and an outsider’s lack of comprehension as to how strong that bond can be. The DVD has an alternate ending that may explain some things but is far less moving; I recommend the original.

“The Forgotten” is great and I recommend it for those who like a good suspenseful plot. “The Forgotten” will definitely keep your attention.