Constantine | Teen Ink

Constantine MAG

I work at the local movie theatre and remember selling what seemed like millions of tickets to “Constantine” the weekend it was released. I decided to see it based on these large audiences and came away with the opinion that this is one of those movies you either absolutely love or absolutely hate. I was one of those who loved it.

Keanu Reeves plays John Constantine, whom we first glimpse exiting a taxi and smoking a cigarette. This is foreshadowing, but I am not going to ruin the film. Constantine travels the world expelling demons and investigating things that just cannot be explained.

After the death of her sister (where all the evidence points to suicide), detective Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) seeks Constantine’s help to learn the truth and eventually save her own life.

This film is centered around the Catholic faith and deals with its teachings and dogma. Even though Constantine is really a good guy, the film itself is very dark. It depicts demons in a grotesque way and delves into creatures called Half Breeds, who are half demons and half angels and walk the earth.

Based on the comic book “Hellblazer,” this is a very entertaining film. Even though there are some cheesy scenes, I recommend it.

i love this so much!

on Jun. 23 2011 at 10:28 pm
callie15 BRONZE, North Plains, Oregon

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
-Chuang Tzu

"No man with a good car needs to be justified!"
-Wise Blood

sounds cool!