Cursed | Teen Ink

Cursed MAG

“Cursed” is supposed to be a great horror movie, but it turns out to be so stupid it’s funny instead of scary.

The main characters are attacked by a werewolf so, of course, they turn into werewolves too. Over the time that it takes for them to change, one of the main antagonists turns out to be gay and tries to be the boy-friend of the other main character (whom he used to beat up). It is an extremely stupid twist and ruins the impact of the story.

The way “Cursed” was filmed isn’t strong at all. The scenes with the werewolf are either completely computerized to the point where you can tell it’s fake, or it’s just a person dressed up in a werewolf costume. The only scary part is “pop-out scary,” but nothing really disturbs you like a good horror movie should. The characters aren’t believable and the conflicts are concluded with ridiculous twists. For example, one of the main werewolves who is bothering Los Angeles jumps away from the people it’s attacking just as the police come. As it hides, the lady it was attacking says very loudly that the werewolf has fat thighs and bad skin so it jumps out and flips her the bird. The police then proceed to shoot and kill it.

Overall, this movie is pointless. It has a very weak plot and the characters aren’t strong enough for my liking. I would rate this movie zero out of five stars. .