Howl’s Moving Castle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Howl’s Moving Castle” is a fantastic story about a kind girl, Sophie, who is turned into an old woman by a wicked witch; an egotistical wizard with a magical, moving castle; and a trapped fire demon named Calcifer who is held by a curse.

Simply trying to rid herself of the curse, Sophie finds herself caught up in a terrible war over a missing prince and the dramas of Howl’s home, past and hair color. The film is full of precious scenes such as having to threaten Calcifer with water in order to cook breakfast, or meeting the scarecrow that the young woman dubs Turnip Head since he has a noggin made of her least favorite vegetable.

Another animated film from Miyazaki (director of “Spirited Away”), the artwork is, of course, exceptional. It is truly a stunning world he has brought to the screen. What a wonderful story Diana Wynne Jones, the original author, has given us to enjoy. Full of humor and charm, this movie is a must-see, especially for the young and young of heart. .