Failure to Launch | Teen Ink

Failure to Launch MAG

A 30-something guy still living at home with his parents may seem somewhat odd but it makes for great entertainment in “Failure to Launch.”

When Tripp's (Matthew McConaughey) parents (Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw) finally get sick of him mooching off them, they hire a professional. Not just any professional, but Paula (Sarah Jessica Parker), a very attractive woman who dates guys like Tripp to get them out on their own.

Everything seems to go smoothly until love gets in the way. When Paula and Tripp start falling for each other and Tripp begins to suspect foul play in the relationship, what seemed like the perfect plan turns all wrong.

This movie is not the typical chick flick that everyone may expect. Many movies deal with a perfect romance where everything is one candlelit dinner after another. Although there's nothing wrong with that, it's not reality, and that is what this movie offers: an extra step toward reality with its unique perspective on ordinary situations.

This movie also takes generic characters and makes them interesting. Take Paula's roommate (Zooey Deschanel): instead of being the cookie-cutter best friend in pajamas with a cup of coffee, she guzzles beer and adds humor with almost insulting sarcasm, not to mention insanity.

Though this movie may be classified as a chick flick, this laugh-out-loud comedy is really for everyone. It is clever, unique, and hilarious. “Failure to Launch” does not fail at all.

i love this so much!