X-Men: The Last Stand | Teen Ink

X-Men: The Last Stand MAG

The release of “X-Men: The Last Stand” marks the third X-Men movie in the last five years. While the first two did not do well in theaters, this one topped the charts.

The movie centers around the “mutant” Jean Grey, who possesses interesting abilities. She is able to take on two distinct forms, one her X-Men form and the other the diabolical form of the Brotherhood known as the Phoenix. When Grey transforms, unknowingly, into the Phoenix she fights on the side of the Brotherhood led by the metal controller Magneto. The Brotherhood presents themselves as the central threat to both the human scientists developing the cure for the “X” gene and the X-Men who fight to protect the scientists. The movie follows the struggles the X-Men and scientists have to endure to do what is best for the world.

I have heard differing opinions of the movie but I found it boring and lacking a strong central focus. Many scenes are drawn-out, which make the movie hard to follow. That is not to say I would not see “The Last Stand” again. The special effects alone make it worth the money. One of the most amazing feats is when the evil Magneto uses his powers to move the Golden Gate Bridge to the island prison of Alcatraz.

Farmboy said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 9:41 am
I thought this movie was a better then the other movies. It had a lot more action and characters.