Beetlejuice | Teen Ink

Beetlejuice MAG

An avid fan of Tim Burton and dark humor in general, “Beetlejuice” is one of my top five favorite movies. Burton enhances the strange storyline with weird sets and awesome special effects (well, awesome for 1988).

The plot revolves around a young couple, Adam and Barbara (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis), who come home after a car wreck to realize that they didn’t actually survive the crash. They have no idea how to manage in the afterlife, and things get worse when a family of tightly wound yuppies move into their house.

Desperate to have their house back and their peace restored, Adam and Barbara turn to the infamous bio-exorcist Beetlejuice, played by the incomparable Michael Keaton. The mischevious ghoul in the striped suit has a good old time messing with the unwanted family but begins to cause serious problems for everyone in the movie, dead or alive.

This movie is absolutely hilarious with an originality that hasn’t appeared in movies since. Tim Burton rules. That’s all I have to say.