Flyboys | Teen Ink

Flyboys MAG

Tony Bill truly captures the feelings and emotions of pilots during World War I in “Flyboys.” This movie shows us Americans entering the war to fight for France before the U.S. joined the war. James Franco plays the heroic pilot and shows us the difficulties of being a pilot.

There are great aerial shots of ferocious battles that make you feel as if you are right there fighting. Jennifer Decker, the French beauty, adds some love into the fight for victory. She and Franco fall in love while a war is happening in their town. Once it becomes more than the women and children can handle, she is sent away, and their love is never replaced.

In this movie the fighters have an “I don’t care” mentality about those they kill. If the fighters did not have this mentality, no one would have made it through so much blood and torture.

Overall, “Flyboys” gives the audience a sense of war, love, family, and pride. After seeing so many innocent and brave young men die in such cruel ways, I came out of the theater feeling proud to be an American. This is a definite must-see for everyone of all ages. I’m sure no one will regret it.