The Prestige This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

As a fan of Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman, both of whom play major roles in “The Prestige,” I went to see this film the day it opened.

Also starring Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson and David Bowie, the movie jumps between various points along its timeline, playing out like a magic act itself.

The story centers on two magicians who rise in their careers and are pitted against each other in an epic battle. The tagline of the movie is “A Friendship, That Became a Rivalry ... A Rivalry, That Became a Battle.” This exactly summarizes the movie.

This battle eventually spins so out of control that it consumes everything and everyone they care about. What is especially unique is that each character’s view is recognized and explained in a fantastic manner.

Overall, “The Prestige” shows a phenomenal display of talent and is utter magic.