The Pursuit of Happyness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Pursuit of Happyness” takes you on a ride like never before - not an amusement park ride, but an emotional ride. Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith star in this heartfelt story based on the real-life experiences of Chris Gardner. It shows the bond between father and son as they struggle to find a missing part of their lives in a whirlwind of events influenced by the dream to succeed, but with the reality of financial problems.

The film moves along but sometimes gets depressing as Gardner struggles to find financial stability for his son. Unfortunately all you can do is sit back and root for him. Every time you are confident about one turn of events, another twist is added.

The emotional and physical connection between the stars is what glues people to the edges of their chairs. The film highlights the meaning of happiness, something that people often take for granted, not realizing that so many around the world are still searching for it. It shows that dreams can come true even when the odds are against you, that family is the strongest thing you have, and that forgiveness is what can hold you together.

Although this movie is, at times, a tearjerker, in the end you feel you have learned something. Based on these characters and what they’ve been through, you can set your heart and mind to something and accomplish it. After all, it is a true story.

MadamMercy said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 10:52 am:
i absolutely love this movie and this is an very good review  

tastemybacon said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:45 am:
this is a great review! it sums up the movie in a matter of paragraphs. the only fault i found is you didnt go in to the twists enough, i mean this man is fighting just for a chance to give his son a decent life, and the world just seems pent on keeping him from doing that.

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm:
This review is very well written, just check your spelling on "happyness"

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 am :
That's how it's spelled in the movie. Kaitlyn, this review is great and I also really enjoyed the movie!