Forrest Gump This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Forrest Gump” is one of the greatest films ever made. Robert Zemeckis directed this flawless tearjerker in 1994. It tells the story of the amazing Forrest Gump and all the traumatizing events he endures in a series of flashbacks as Forrest tells his life’s story while waiting for a bus.

Tom Hanks does a wonderful job playing Gump; his performance is ranked number 43 on Premiere magazine’s Top 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time. I really enjoyed this movie and have watched it many times. There are parts that make you laugh, but there are just as many that make you cry. I recommend you watch this movie - it is worth the price of rental and popcorn.

ToothlessScottishGnome This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Whenever I see Tom Hanks in any movie, I think of Forrest Gump. He IS Forrest Gump. This was a good review too. Concise and to the point, but informative.

jazzerlover said...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:31 am
The first time that I watched this move was when my best friend came up from Mississippi, we both were laughing and crying.  I agree with you, this is a great movie, but as SmartBlondeChelly24 said it is not the greatest movie out there.  For me that would be the Lion King, we all like different things,and that changes peoples perspectives.

SmartBlondeChelly24 said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:04 am
When you stated that it was one of the greatest films ever made, I believe that that is an opinion. I think that Forrest Gump was an outstanding film but I don't think it was one of the greatest ones ever made. Although, I enjoy the movie greatly. When Forrest turned Jenny down it just broke my heart.

FictonFan101 said...
Forrest Gump is not only an amazing movie but it also showed some truth. People in the 70's really went through those hardships. Good Job on the article.

Macx14 said...
This movie had all of the major elements that appealed to everyone: romance, comedy, drama, some horror, etc. AMAZING!!!!

zlochi said...
I feel the same way. Your review perfectly captured my love of the movie.

luv2write4ever said...
Well said. I agree completely. Forrest Gump is classic, it is a funny and sad movie.