The Hobbit This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The film The Hobbit, directed by Peter Jackson, was beyond all of our expectations when we first set eyes upon it. A young hobbit by the name of Mr. Bilbo Baggins reluctantly agrees to join a loyal company of dwarves to salvage their home from the feared dragon, Smaug. This well-directed film is compelling due to the action, courageous deeds, and added storyline that was not in the book. While Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves are passing through the Trollshaw Forest, they come across three trolls who have stolen their ponies; the dwarves heroically fight, but end up waiting to be cooked. This scene is action-packed because the brave confrontation leaves us all on the edges of our seats, awaiting an unfortunate death of one in the company. As the journey continues, the fellowship escapes the goblins in the Mines of Moria, but is run down by a pack of orcs led by the Pale Orc, who claimed to cut off the line of Durin. At this point Thorin is defeated by the Pale Orc so Bilbo goes to avenge his friend, committing a great deed of courage. Bilbo taught me to be courageous if I want to do anything memorable. Lastly, the whole conflict with the orc pack and the Necromancer is not in the book’s storyline. These antagonists add to the film’s suspense and adventure. So, the action, displays of courage, and added storyline build this film into an intriguing work of art.

StarSophia98 said...
today at 11:15 pm:
OH MY WORD I LOVE THIS MOVIE.  :D  I am also a huge LOTR/JRR Tolkein/Peter Jackson fan as well as a Martin Freeman/Richard Armitage fan so this movie was lots of amazing all in one package.  My only criticism would be the plan for 3 movies - however, I love the background details Jackson has developed and I can't wait to see what happens in the next two!

AmarisHellfangThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 19 at 4:03 pm:
I do agree that this movie was amazing. Being an avid fan of Tolkien's works, I love how Jackson put the movie together. However, I don't think three movies should be made out of a book smaller than each of the LOTR books (which only got one movie each). I feel as if some parts were drawn out way too much in The Hobbit and more could have been included. The acting was phenomenal though, and the dwarves' voices? Talk about smoking hot baritones and basses! Love the movie and ... (more »)

MKT35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 22 at 6:53 pm :
I myself am a enthusiastic LOTR and Hobbit fan, but completly agree with you on how some parts were drawn out and three movies is a bit redundant. however, I think having three movies will cover all of the amazing parts in the book and be worth it in the long run! The acting and singing were superb, I totally agree. Thanks for the feedback! I am looking forward to the next movie coming out in December!