Ferris Bueller’s Day Off | Teen Ink

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off MAG

By Anonymous

     Do you ever wake up dreading school and thinking of ways to get the ’rents to let you stay home? It never works, does it? Well, Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) never fails to persuade in this 1986 movie, directed by John Hughes (“Pretty in Pink” and “The Breakfast Club”).

To start off this great film and every teen’s fantasy, senior Ferris Bueller realizes what a beautiful spring day it is and that there is no way he can handle going to school. He fakes out his parents, convincing them that he’s sick with tactics all skippers should keep in mind. After Mom and Dad leave the house, Ferris’s next task is to convince his legitimately sick friend, Cameron (Alan Ruck), to get out of bed and come over. They call the Dean of Students (Jeffrey Jones) to have Bueller’s girlfriend (Mia Sara) excused for the day because her grandmother “died.” They then persuade Cameron to take his father’s beloved 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California as their transportation for their fun-filled day. A series of near-misses and adventures then take place, one funnier than the next.

This movie is a hilarious must-see for comedy lovers. If you are a fan of other 1980s movies like “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” or “The Breakfast Club,” you’re sure to add this as another favorite. It’s a teenage comedy with a tinge of romance as well as a family favorite that will keep parents laughing and the kids entertained.

I love this movie for its humor. From singing on a parade float to pretending to be the sausage king of Chicago, it’s truly a great movie.