The Holiday This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Romantic comedy fans will love this fun-filled 2006 movie. “The Holiday” stars Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black, and Kate Winslet, making this a star-studded romance full of laughs. The plot is a little corny, adding to the comedy factor. It is also somewhat imaginative which suggests it is an “old-school” romance.

The story opens with workaholic Amanda (Cameron Diaz) needing a break from her hectic life after a difficult break-up with her cheating boyfriend. Amanda checks the Internet for places to go on vacation and finds Iris (Kate Winslet), who is looking to do a house swap. So, they swap houses and lives for two weeks.

While in England, Amanda hooks up with Iris’s brother (Jude Law) after a night of drinking. In L.A., Iris finds love with Amanda’s ex-boyfriend’s co-worker, played by Jack Black. What happens when the two weeks are over is both devastating and heartwarming.

Nancy Meyers does a fantastic job directing and makes the movie the best it can possibly be. Kate Winslet does a great job, especially considering this is her first starring role in a romantic comedy.

A good audience will appreciate this film because it is funny and heartwarming. The story keeps the audience involved as the two women go through their ups and downs. Fans of romance and comedy will love this movie, with its hilarious and tear-jerking moments. This is one of the best romantic comedies I have seen in a while.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

sunriseusnset said...
in love with this movie. by must watch every year holiday movie (besides Elf, of course)