Epic Movie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Epic Movie” sounds like a really cool title. From its previews, the average person would think, Wow! This seems like a pretty funny movie blending lots of great movies into one funny one. I thought so too, but was I wrong.

Before I blow holes in this film, I should tell you what it is about. Once upon a time there where four orphans named Edward, Peter, Lucy and Susan, all of whom were sick of their lives. One day they get hold of a golden ticket from a chocolate bar (similar to “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”). On these tickets it reads something like, “You have been chosen to go on an epic adventure” (hence the title), and with that, the worst movie of 2007 begins.

“Epic Movie” is just one step below trash, sloppily throwing elements of pop culture and movie spoofs into a blender and setting it to liquify. Once blended, the producers force-feed you this slop of crude humor, leaving you with the horrible taste of a bad movie in your mouth.

Still, this movie is not total trash. It has its good parts, but they are few. If you watch it, I recommend you wait to rent it, but by then you could probably pick it up at a yard sale for 25 cents - that is how bad this movie is and forever will be.

. said...
Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:44 pm:
Epic movie is not epic. Disaster movie is a disaster, and superhero movie...is somewhat super. Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs remain tobe the best parody movies in my mind.

reaver said...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm:
this movie wasnt that bad

HippieNamedAnna said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:37 am:
I loved this movie, but after the first few times of seeing it, it gets old and predictable.

N.M.W.I.T.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:39 pm :
true it did get old but i liked it because it was funny.

zman1 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The only funny scenes were the Snakes on the Plane bit, the Pirate Rap, and the Willy Wonka scene. These guys sure know how to rip out scenes from a movie and take a dump all over them.

Tk said...
Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:18 am:
I don't agree at all i think it was a gerat movie IDK wat's wrong with you.

4lyssa said...
I agree!! It was so bad! I thought it had great potential to be a good movie, but it really didn't live up to that potential.