Sherlock Holmes | Teen Ink

Sherlock Holmes

By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD

Sherlock Holmes, which was directed by the guy who directed Snatch. Weird.
Personally, I thought the movie was a good one, however the plot and the story were a bit difficult to follow. But you still have a great Sherlock Holmes, played by the man himself Robert Downy Jr. And I do understand why some people think this flick failed: it's because they don't tell you what's going on. We see Holmes picking up clues but you never know what those clues are until the end. They show sped up flashbacks about what Holmes thinks happened. And it is always right because the movie portrays that Holmes is a genius, which he is. To be honest, if more people were like Holmes, the world would finally at peace or be in pieces.
Anyway, what's the story of the movie? You've got Sherlock Holmes and his loyal companion John Watson, played by Jude Law. These two are detectives, or at least they were. Watson is getting tired of this kind of life, and is leaving Holmes to go live with his future wife. But Holmes manages to drag him back into it when the villain of the movie Lord Black wood, played by Mark Strong, supposedly rises from the grave to seek revenge and bring order to the world of men. And when I say 'bring order to the world of men', I of course mean 'kill anyone who opposes him and take over the world'. Enter 'Of course' joke here. So Holmes and Watson are on a race against time to stop Black wood's evil, and obvious plan. Holmes picks up clues on the way, which are the same clues that aren't explained to you until the end. But the good stuff: Robert Downy Jr as Sherlock Holmes. He kills it in this role. Like, when he gets into a fight, he stops, thinks, and determines what to do and what possible counterattack his opponent will make. He basically takes you out with mathematics. As much as I hate math, I have to say that that is fire-trucking awesome! As a whole, the movie isn't the worst cinematic abomination ever made, but it isn't the best either. It is a good time, but you won't die if you don't see it. However, it's definitely worth a look. What saved the movie is Robert Downy Jr as Holmes. The way I see it, if the main character of a movie like this sucks, then a good portion of the movie will suck. Plus, the story is hard to follow, and that plays a part in how we may find the movie as good or bad. It's definitely worth a look though.
So, have you seen Sherlock Holmes? What did you think of it? If you can comment on works, comment below or wherever and let me know. I'll try and get more pieces of work up soon enough.

Hey. I'm new on this site and am not completely sure how things work here. But I do know that I can share my opinions about things. So here you go, my first movie review. And there will be more to come.