The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical about seeing this movie. I mean, the reviews were so mixed! From saying that it was a great movie to see with your BFFs to saying that the acting was terrible and America Ferrera stole the show. However, being a true fan of the sisterhood (and Alexis Bledel) I went and saw the movie. Although I didn’t go with a friend, as everyone else in the theatre seemed to, I went with my little sister, who liked the first movie, but would only watch it once or twice. I am happy to say that even SHE was pleasantly surprised. Coming out of the theatre she said “I actually really liked that movie!” And she hadn’t even wanted to see it! She told me that she only went because she didn’t want me to see it alone.
Now, although I too loved the movie, there are a few things that I didn’t like. The first was Brian McBrian, who from the first movie caught me off guard. For one thing he looks NOTHING like how the book described, something that is hard to ignore. For another, the chemistry between him (Leonardo Nam) and Tibby (Amber Tamblyn) was not very believable, something that is a key part of the story. Another thing that bothered me was that with the books my favorite stories were, in order, Lena, Bridget, Tibby and then Carmen. However the Sisterhood 2 skimped on my favorite stories, Lena