The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

May 30, 2013
By Anonymous

“The Last Song,” based on the popular book by Nicholas Sparks, is the romantic love story of how two opposite teenagers come together in an unexpected twist of fate. Hopeless romantics everywhere fall in love with this movie, as the story of baby sea turtles bring these two together, and tear them apart.

The movie brings you through a sea of emotions as you follow Ronnie (Miley Cyrus), a tough, alternative, New Yorker, down to Wilmington, North Carolina to spend the summer with her father. At a volleyball game, Will (Liam Hemsworth), the top athlete and millionaire in town, accidentally topples over her, and their story begins there. After a nest of sea turtles reunite them once again, they realize that there just might be something there in the future for them. As the summer continues, both of them have to adapt as their worlds are changed forever.

As Ronnie and Will’s relationship furthers, you become entangled into all the love, the laughter, and the secrets that surround their dark history.

“The Last Song” also ¬teaches the great lesson of being grateful for what you have in life, and keeping what you love near and dear. As the summer comes to a close, both of them are confronted with problems about where they are headed. While Ronnie is faced with her father’s illness, Will must find the strength to stand up for what he believes in. This movie allows you to bond with each character as you follow them through life and reminds you to always stay true to what is important to you, even if it changes everything.