Wreck-It-Ralph | Teen Ink

Wreck-It-Ralph

May 24, 2013
By studenttttttt BRONZE, La Canada, California
studenttttttt BRONZE, La Canada, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A couple of weeks ago, I saw the movie Wreck-It-Ralph. The Walt Disney Movie was very family friendly and was pretty funny as well. I wanted to watch this movie because I herd many rumors that it was a great movie and that it was very creative and funny. Also I like all Disney movies and I had to watch this one too. After watching the movie I knew that this is going to be a classic, one for the ages. The movie is all animation just like other Disney movies. The movie is based on video game characters that leave their normal game after the arcade closes at night and becomes free to roam around all the connecting circuits to other games. The movie even includes famous video game characters like Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. The concept is a little bit like Toy Story in that the characters are more then meets the eye, and they come alive. The main characters in the movie are Fix-It Felix Junior, King Candy, Turbo, Sergeant Calhoun, Vanellope von Shweetz, and Wreck-It Ralph.
The game Fix-It Felix Junior is where the main character, Ralph, is from and in the game he is the villain named Wreck-It Ralph where he always wrecks the buildings and Felix fixes them. Ralph decides that he wants to stop being a villain and that he will be accepted as a hero by earning a medal like Felix does to be the hero of his game. Ralph game hops to the game Hero's Duty and finds that he can earn a medal in the game. While he is getting his medal, something goes terribly wrong. He unleashes a killer Cy-Bug that threatens to destroy Sugar Rush. Game hopping is very bad in the arcade, and it gets Ralph into trouble but it finds him adventure. Ralph later goes to a game called Sugar Rush, a racing game. He meets a girl named Vanellope von Schweetz. Ralph and Vanellope form a bond and a close friendship and together they bring the best out of each other and Vanellope brings the good out of Ralph. Ralph ends up becoming Vanellope’s hero and even saves Sugar Rush from being destroyed.
Some famous celebrities that were voices in the movie were John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph, Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Junior, and Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun. Wreck-It Ralph first showed at the El Capitan Theatre on October 29, 2012 and was officially release on November 2.

The best aspects of the movie have to be the animation by far. The way Disney makes the characters makes them seem so real. The quality of the characters as well helps make the movie even more spectacular. That the facial expressions, emotions, and body movements really capture the audience and make the audience really connect with the characters. I really liked how they made Ralph a big huge guy with broad shoulders and a typical looking mean guy, but he was really just someone who felt alone and was really a big softy.

I would say that the acting was very good especially in the scenes that involved deep emotions and parts where the audience really connected with the character. Some parts were somewhat predictable but it was predictable in the sense that the scenes had to happen because if not the story would have been too depressing. The story and plot were very good. It was a funny and creative movie with life lessons and messages of responsibly and morals.
The imagery in the movie was fantastic and from Ralph to Candy King, each character is really stands out. Each main character was well developed and each had an interesting back story. If you watch Wreck-It-Ralph you will be deeply fascinated with video games and you'll never view an arcade or a video game the same again. The movie was so creative and entertaining.
Wreck-It-Ralph earned $471 million in worldwide box office revenue and it also won the Annie Award for Best Animated Feature and Wreck-It-Ralph also received nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film and the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. I would definitely recommend everyone watch Wreck-It-Ralph. This movie is not just for kids. This is a movie for all ages. It was funny, sad, exciting, and all-around a great movie. For more information about Wreck-It-Ralph and just a better summary of the movie, Internet Movie Database, or IMDb has everything and anything that has to do with movies.