Captain America | Teen Ink

Captain America

May 24, 2013
By toe-knee BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
toe-knee BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
meh


Captain America is a part of the avengers series of movies that Marvel has been using to rake in cash multiple summers in a row. It begins in Tønsberg, Norway, in 1942, when a strange German doctor launches an attack on a castle where a long lost artifact of the gods is hidden. The film tells the story of good guy Steve Rogers, who wants nothing more than to join the military and go fight in the Second World War with all his friends. The only problem is that he is in possession of multiple health issues that make him ineligible for him to be allowed into the army. Despite this, he applies to any enlistment center he can find. After being rejected quite a few times, he stumbles across a German doctor who is sympathetic with his cause. Once accepted into the army, Steve undergoes multiple intelligence and morality tests at the boot camp, and is chosen to be used as an experiment subject for a new drug that can be used to create super soldiers. Once Rogers becomes a super soldier, the real fun of the film begins. The movie follows Rogers around the world in his quest to bring an end to the operations of a Nazi organization, hydra. He goes to the ends of the Earth to bring an end to hydra’s operations.
The movie is a typical good versus evil story, with the patriotic and noble Americans waging war against the evil Nazis. The movie is filled with amusing one liners, heart wrenching deaths, and loveable characters. Although the real joy to be taken from Captain America is held in the over the top fight scenes. Watching Rogers develop into a force to be reckoned with throughout the movie is a real treat.
Some may dislike the movie because It’s really just a basic superhero film filled with stereotypical hero and military scenes, but overall it is a fun patriotic movie that is a great summer watch for all ages.