The Great Gatsby | Teen Ink

The Great Gatsby

By JJH1431 BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky
JJH1431 BRONZE, Lexington, Kentucky

The Great Gatsby Review

Have you ever in your life wondered what it would be like to go through World War 1? It would be hard right, now imagine being extremely rich then you are sent to war and when you come back you move to the other side of the country to start over. Well that is exactly what Mr. Nick Carraway played by Tobey Maguire had to do.

This film based off the hit book by the same name as the movie originally written by F. Scott Fitzgerald takes place in the 1920’s after World War 1 with Nick Carraway moving to New York where he meets up with Daisy and Tom Buchanan played by Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton he meets Daisy’s golfer friend Jordan Baker played by Elizabeth Debicki and a man by the name of Jay Gatsby played by Leonardo DiCaprio.

All the characters look as I imagined in the book and they really tried to make it appealing to teens and to me it worked. The lines never felt forced and the sound track was amazing. As a final note this is not an action movie or a massive sob feast it is in the middle ground, it has a little bit of everything. That’s why I can say I recommend this movie even if you have read the book or saw an older version of the film, because this is easily the best Great Gatsby movie out there.