Pitch Perfect | Teen Ink

Pitch Perfect

May 10, 2013
By Callie Loeschke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Callie Loeschke SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Pitch Perfect









“I've been shot! I've been shot by flying mexican food!” many who have seen Pitch Perfect would recognize this quote said by Rebel Wilson or some may know her better by her actress name “Fat Amy.” Pitch Perfect was a hit for me; hilarious events, bringing back old songs, and there were very few moments I wasn’t laughing or singing along. What makes this a movie worth watching twice would be the cast, music, and the amusing vibe it always had.

I think the casting director did a fantastic job choosing the cast. Rebel Wilson made the movie, she added her own spunk to her role which made it more entertaining to watch. With what they asked her to do while playing “Fat Amy” the confidence she had to pull off everything made her perfect for the job. I was extremely impressed with the cast and how they played their characters, but I wasn’t happy with everyone.

Hana Mae Lee or “Lily Onakumara” played the small, shy, quiet member of the Barden Bellas. I was not pleased with the role itself. I happened to find the weird, quiet, role almost annoying. It didn’t fit with the other loud, upbeat, confident roles the other girls had. By making her a talented beatboxer they fixed the role and made it fit in with the other roles a lot better. I thought her beatboxing in the Bellas final song made the song that much more exciting especially where her spot was in the song.
This movie has brought back old songs and put them back on the charts. Two that I have heard quite often are “Titanium” by David Guetta and “You're going to miss me” by Anna Kendrick. These songs are associated with the movie Pitch Perfect now. I think that the songs were sung a lot better in the movie then what the song actually is.
Pitch Perfect was an exciting upbeat movie. There was never a dull moment that seemed to drag on. I would have over a thousand dollars if I had a dime for everytime I heard this movie quoted. I hope they make a second movie to this one because I can’t get enough of Pitch Perfect.

Pitch Perfect is a must see comedy. On a lazy, gray day that just needs a laugh to brighten it up this is the movie to see. With an astonishing cast, spectacular music, and an upbeat vibe it will not be a waste of time to go see Pitch Perfect. Find a funny quote like I did and it will make the movie seem even more astounding.