Silver Linings Playbook

When we think of 2012/2013 films and film making in general, one might typically think of loud, crude-humor, nudity and sex. However, little known is the film that starts as a whisper and ends in a boom; in which describes David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook". Following the story of Pat Solitano (Bradley Cooper), a former teacher who is just returning home from a mental institution, this piece was created intelligently and precisely to make you think of many different possible endings. Alongside his new-found dance partner, Tiffany Maxwell (Jennifer Lawrence), Pat finds himself searching and holding onto his previous marriage and living on the hope that what he and his wife had was still there, despite their many conflicts. This film had my heart beating heavily for all the right reasons, the ones for which the viewer might also have hope for a spectacular ending. I hoped and they delivered; might I add, expect the unexpected... The charisma and amazing acting between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence was an easy rating of 12/10 for me overall and very well deserving of an Oscar. By far the best film I've ever seen.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:30 pm:
Short, simple, and awesome! You put a million words into... well, however many you had here. (; Very nice job! I love your work.