Grown Ups | Teen Ink

Grown Ups

By Romax6 BRONZE, Strafford, Pennsylvania
Romax6 BRONZE, Strafford, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Five Dumb Guys

Baller, that was Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, Chris Rock, and Rob Schneider’s middle school basketball team in Grown ups. All these guys won their championship in middle school. When their coach passes away they all go to his funeral and see each other for the first time in 20 years. They rented the lake house they rented after they won their middle school championship.
Grown ups is a great movie. It is about a bunch of guys who won their basketball championship in middle school going to their coach’s funeral and renting the lake house they rented when they won the championship. They do all the things they liked to do when they were kids. Like go to the water park, play arrow roulette (that is when someone shoots an arrow in the air and no one can move until it comes down), and basketball. This movie takes place in Boston, Massachusetts 2010.
The director of this movie picked the right actors and actresses. The best actor was Adam Sandler because he was hilarious and did all this stupid things to make the movie good. The worst actor was Colin Quinn he was supposed to be like a villain, but he wasn’t. He just put a drop on the movie and brought it down in the ratings. Chris rock one word to describe him hilarious, he truly has a gift at acting with comedy. David Spade the most stupid one of them all. He does the craziest things. Rob Schneider the serious one, made a good point in the movie for having that one serious guy who settles everyone else down and keep the boys calm.
This movie was absolutely hilarious and very well written. I really liked the actors they picked in this movie. It was cool how it was a comedy, but then there were sports involved witch made it better. The one thing I didn't like was the beginning of the movie it didn't start off the way it should of or could of. They just showed their middle school year that was good, but when they showed them 20 years later it made you wonder who was who.
You would think this movie doesn't have a moral of the story, but your wrong. The moral is friendship. Always keep in touch with your friends when you grow older. You will learn how friends are really important in your lifetime. Always make sure you be in touch with your friends is also the lesson of the story.
The people that would like this movie are people who like comedy. Since this movie is really funny comedy fits the movie perfectly. I would recommend this to teenagers and kids around the age of ten and up. This movie is rated PG-13 because of the language. I would say this is one of the better movies I've seen in awhile so you should watch it if you're in a laughing mood. I would rate this 4.5 stars out of 5. The only reason why it isn't a five is because of the beginning of the movie and its action.

I wrote this piece because this movie is really funny and one of my favorite movies.