Evil Dead | Teen Ink

Evil Dead

April 12, 2013
By Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia
56 articles 2 photos 148 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.


Blood, blood, blood, and more blood! That's the sentence I choose to describe the very awesome "Evil Dead" that hit theaters on April 5th, 2013. I'm a big fan of horror films and I couldn't wait to set my eyes on this flick! The plot is centered around a young woman who ventures off to an abandoned cabin with her brother and friends to seek peace and heal from her drug addiction. Things take a turn for the worst when a curious character lets in a force from hell. Suddenly, normal people aren't so normal anymore. Every one's actions prove to be a thin line between life and death; the fight for survival is the only option.

This movie is very unique because it presents an over-the-top blood and gore image, something that hasn't been seen in horror films in a while. However, I do think that some of the blood use was overkill and unnecessary. It kind of revolves around a zombie/walking dead theme as well. Overall, I give the movie two thumbs up and a four-star rating! It completely exceeds my personal standards and if you haven't seen it, go right now... like right now... drop everything and go... right this second!


The author's comments:
I didn't know that there was an older version of this movie (1981). I want to see that one.