The Dark Knight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Why so serious?” This line has been ringing in my head ever since I saw “The Dark Knight.” My desire to watch the film began when the first previews were released. Right away I knew the movie was going to be a blockbuster and sweep critics off their feet. My prediction was correct: Batman broke many box office records. In its first three weeks it made over $500 million.

Considering the success of this movie, I was fortunate to catch the premiere. Believe me, the tickets were hard to obtain. The wait was unbearable but worth every second.

The movie follows Batman (Christian Bale) who is constantly trying to foil the Joker’s devastating plans for Gotham City. The Joker (Heath Ledger) is a schizophrenic serial killer. His famous catch phrase is “Why so serious?” which he asks his victims before he tortures and kills them. Also in the mix is district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), who is Gotham’s white knight. Dent fights to keep Gotham’s streets clean while Batman delivers him the criminals. Together can the two stop the insane Joker?

“The Dark Knight” is by far the best movie I have seen ­recently, and I would recommend it to anyone. The amazing cast cannot be equaled.
The supporting cast deserves credit too since they were flawless. This movie is loaded with action and will have you on the edge of your seat.

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:30 am:
i loved the movie the joker rules and great job on the review.

Nortonhearsawho said...
Jun. 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm:
The only problem was that that movie was not for everyone. Apart from that I loved the article. Great job!

MaximumRideGirl'12 said...
Apr. 7, 2009 at 1:42 am:
This was one of the most amazing movies that I have even seen and do you want to know the funny part about it? This was the first Batman movie that I ever watched. I don't know if anyone knows some of the real story behing Heath Ledger's suicide or not but playing the role of The Joker upset him terribly. I will say that I am so sad that we have lost him. (R.I.P. Heath!! We Love You!!!) But this is an amazing movie!!!! "Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a ... (more »)

vfl122 said...
Mar. 19, 2009 at 9:23 pm:
I ended up watching the movie after reading your review. It agree, it was amazing. Good job Robert!

edwardtem13 said...
Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:03 am:
ok i haven't seen the movie yet but i want to and i am so sad that heath died.

JohnLover said...
Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:24 pm:
LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

sharpeigirl said...
I loved this movie too. Heath Ledger's acting was flawless. He is going to be hard to beat.

someone across the way said...
thanks for the article! this is like the best movie ever, probably one of my favorite of all-time.

booboo said...
this is a good article but I dont' like batman and all that it is good by asking if think wanted you to buy it and find so i give it a pat on the back

iluvdrkknite said...
Good article, even better movie! Next time try to add some more of you comments about the movie, i.e. setting, dialouge, writing, ect.

hunter said...
Joker!!!!!!!!! no one can play him better!!! i absolutely loved that movie b cause of him and his catch phrase. "Why so serious?"

R0ckstar49 said...
I didn't see this movie but i've heard from alot of people that this movie is stupid so i prolly wont watch it.

Hailey said...
Dec. 10, 2008 at 3:06 am:
Best movie ever, I even have the poster with the "Why So Serious" on it.

bradley said...
this movie by far has to be one of the best movies ever made. i really enjoyed iPr

smiley said...
The Dark Knight was AWESOME! kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time

Nycutiee716 said...
"The Dark Night" was an amazing movie. Even though it was long, the movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The "Why so Serious?" like the author rang in my head for weeks later. Heath Ledger played an amazing role. He took on the role of the joker to a great extent

CHiKA94 said...
Well iT sOUNdz REALLY gOOd ANd YEAH i knOW pEOPLE tHAT WERE dYING TO SEE tHIS movIES. i hAVEN`T SEEN iT bUT i hOPE i dO. jUST bY rEADING yOUR aRTICLE iT sOUNDS rEALLY gOOD.

ButterflyKiss replied...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 12:27 am :
Dark Knight is the most brilliant, action packed, nail biting movie ever created! Heath Ledger was the perfect Joker and it still kills me to know that the role was what killed him in the end. :( Overall, good review. I find your lack of too much information on the story plot perfect! It makes those unfortunate people who haven't had the chance to have their minds blown away by awesome want to head to the nearest movie rental (BlockBusters anyone?) and grab that movie! :)