The Dark Knight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Why so serious?” This line has been ringing in my head ever since I saw “The Dark Knight.” My desire to watch the film began when the first previews were released. Right away I knew the movie was going to be a blockbuster and sweep critics off their feet. My prediction was correct: Batman broke many box office records. In its first three weeks it made over $500 million.

Considering the success of this movie, I was fortunate to catch the premiere. Believe me, the tickets were hard to obtain. The wait was unbearable but worth every second.

The movie follows Batman (Christian Bale) who is constantly trying to foil the Joker’s devastating plans for Gotham City. The Joker (Heath Ledger) is a schizophrenic serial killer. His famous catch phrase is “Why so serious?” which he asks his victims before he tortures and kills them. Also in the mix is district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), who is Gotham’s white knight. Dent fights to keep Gotham’s streets clean while Batman delivers him the criminals. Together can the two stop the insane Joker?

“The Dark Knight” is by far the best movie I have seen ­recently, and I would recommend it to anyone. The amazing cast cannot be equaled.
The supporting cast deserves credit too since they were flawless. This movie is loaded with action and will have you on the edge of your seat.

ChickenLegHouse said...
This is one of my favorite movies, but I have to say that if I had read this review before seeing it I probely never would have watched it. You make it sound cheep, glorifying the most odvious points and compleatly skipping the rest.

MikeWilson94 said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:37 am
I believe this is a really good review and if you think it was stupid you need to re read it again

RitaRules said...
This review is stupid and pointless.

MaxRide said...
Hey great job on the review!  I LOVE the joker he's so funny i luv the line "You can't spell slaughter without laughter"!  LOL

CarrieAnn13 said...

This is a great review!  I hate when people give away too much of the movie.  Excellent work! :)

Besides, The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies.  Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker; it's too bad he had to die so young.  Christopher Nolan's superb directing has changed the Batman franchise forever, rescuing it from the horrible cliches of the past.

Blarghaty Blargh said...
It's a good film no doubt, but the hype it got completely swamped it. 

Think4Ever said...
I think the Joker is the most brilliant bad guy ever to be played in a movie. It was so breath-takingly believable that I found myself swept into the entire movie. It felt so real. I couldn't stop watching. Now it's in my top ten. And I've seen hundreds of movies.

Moviebuff0202 said...
THE DARK KNIGHT IS MY SECOND FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE NOT FROM THIS PLANET IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macx14 said...
I LOVE Heath Ledger as the joker. A line that really got me was, "Wanna see a magic trick?" So sick and weird, but I laughed so hard. Great movie, everyone was great.

Dessometrics replied...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 10:20 am
ha i soo agree the joker was my favorite i loved his wits

Allison M. replied...
me too... i love this movie and especially love the joker. heath ledger was perfect for the role. good job to the casting person

Still_Waters26 said...

Hehe when I saw the movie Batman reminded me a lot of Clint Eastwood's characters he played in classic westerns.  The action was a little cartoonish, but heck, it was FROM a cartoon, so yeah.

"Why So Serious?"  lol...

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great movie, mediocre Batman movie.  The overlong run time took me out of it and I'm one of the few that didn't like Ledger's Joker.  He's a great actor, but I think the role wasn't quite written as close to the Joker as possible. (He wasn't funny)

cowboyclp said...
I love this movie and great review

vballchick said...
I completely 100% totally undefyingly agree with Angelia. You couldn't have wrote the review any better and I believe the movie was awesome in every way thinkable.

Star717 said...
I really enjoyed this movie! It was fantastic, especially Heath Ledger's version of the Joker. I did feel that Batman was boring, the only thing that was entertaining was the Joker. But the supporting cast was amazing and the thrills were first-rate.

Angelia said...
This movie is my favorite ever. & you're review for it was perfect. I couldn't describe it any better. Great job! (:

zman1 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought the Dark Knight held up pretty well but I was somewhat dissapointed by Christian Bale's performance as Batman. In most of his screen incarnations, not including the original Tim Burton version and Batman Begans, Batman seems to be nothing more than a plot prop and his only requirement in the movie was to save the day. I also thought the ending was very confusing and that the hype was ridiculous. But for the most part it was very good and it had a complicated plot, good writing, an... (more »)

Anonymous said...
HEATH LEDGER STOLE THE SHOW!
I loved The Dark Knight, and I also agree that the actors were flawless. I had expected the movie to be plotless and shallow. Instead, I found this movie to be movie of the best I've seen.
Excellent review!

PurpleMidnight said...
I agree, Heath Ledger did a tremendous job on the Dark Knight, better than anyone else could have, but that was his downfall. See, there is a difference between becoming the character and actually being the character. Obsession lead to not sleeping, lead to overdose sleeping pills, lead to death