Babylon A.D.

I walked into the cinema expecting to see this action packed, thrilling movie starring my favorite actor, but instead it turned out to be a movie that made me want to get my whole nine dollars back. “Babylon A.D.” had me doing the opposite of sitting at the edge of my seat, I was slumped back thinking, when is this going to get better?
In the near future, Toorop, played by Vin Diesel, is a lone wolf mercenary who is forced to take a job of escorting a woman, Aurora, played by Melanie Thierry, from central Asia to New York. While Mr. Toorop thinks he is completing an ordinary mission, he slowly discovers that the woman he is guarding is carrying twins that could become the next messiahs to a made up religion, and everyone is out to get their hands on them.
To me, the movie seemed rushed; it made me angry because it had the potential to be so much greater. All together the acting was horrible, but Vin Diesel did an exceptional job. The movie would have been enjoyable if you had unplugged your brain for two hours. The ending made me want to throw everything I had at the screen. It ended with Aurora giving birth, then dieing, leaving the Toorop to take care of the twins. What really twisted my mind was that the twins were one Caucasian and one African American.
I would never watch this movie again. I only recommend it to people who enjoy boring and pointless movies. I advise you, save your money and don’t waste it on “Babylon A.D.” I expected a lot more from a movie starring Vin Diesel.

Caesar123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice review! I haven’t even ever heard of the movie, but now I’m not sure I want to. Keep up the good work!