Field of Dreams This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The movie Field of Dreams directed by Phil Alden Robinson and starring Kevin Costner is a moving story about one man, Ray Kinsella whose father, John, was almost in the MLB, but never quite got there. John’s favorite player was Shoeless Joe Jackson. He and Ray got into a fight and his son made fun of his favorite player right before he walked out of the door and never talked to him again. The story takes place in Iowa in 1988 on a corn field and focuses Ray’s family.

One day he hears a voice in the corn field that says, “If you build it, he will come.” The movie revolves around this voice. The voice appears at least three other times saying phrases relating to the first one. The first man that shows up after Ray builds a baseball field is Shoeless Joe Jackson.

The cinematography in the movie was expressed very well. The beauty of Iowa was definitely showed during the movie in many times throughout the film. Another good part of the cinematography was when he heard the voices, the angle and shot of the camera of when he hears it was mysterious and leaves the viewers hanging.

Some things that could have been changed were the script and the way the movie went by. Everything was so quick and there should have been more descriptions. It was like the actors were not involved with their character. They could have been more enthusiastic when something good happened but when something bad happened, they could have been more depressed. If they expressed their characters emotions better, it would have made the film better. James Earl Jones should especially have had more emotions throughout the film.

This movie is recommended for baseball fans and any person who would take interest in a good story. Overall the film had strong elements but it is not the best movie out there, most likely a 2.5.