Oz the Great and Powerful | Teen Ink

Oz the Great and Powerful

By FlowerPower98 SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado
FlowerPower98 SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado

To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.
- Josephine Billings

Within the wondrous Land of Oz, a flower of emeralds and rubies bloom and humans made out of china live in a tea party like village but beneath the surface an evil brews and terror begins to overcome the good people of Oz. There is a prophecy that was written that a wizard, with the same name as the land, will descend from the sky and will restore the peace to the good people of Oz by destroying the evil and taking the throne in the Emerald City.

In our world Oscar Diggs (Oz) is a carnival magician who longs to be more than an average man. Along with his ever changing beautiful lady assistants and his “trained money” partner, Oz performs shows of illusions and “magic”. However when his player like attitude gets him in trouble with some of his coworkers, Oz, using a hot air balloon as an escape, gets sucked into a tornado and is transferred to the Land of Oz.

While in Oz, Oz meets Theodora and she brings him to the Emerald City to be crowned as king. However, unbeknownst to Theodora and Oz the evil has already begun to work its magic. Oz is sent on an adventure to kill the Wicked Witch. The rest is history.

Oz the Great and Powerful is a heartwarming tale of love, friendship, and two seriously messed up sisters. If the plot is not enough, the movies animation and graphics in 3D are some of Disney’s best. With James Franco, Mila Kunis, and Michelle Williams, what’s not to like in this film?